Monday, May 17, 2010

MONDAY MAY 17, 2010
3:55 PM

Pat and I voted early today. The actual election is tomorrow, but we decided to go and vote early today. I look forward to having the results tomorrow night. We have some very interesting local races as well as some district and state races.

The city street crews started installing the picnic tables in the city parks today. I hope that the visitors use the tables and take care of them. If they do they will last a long time.

I have spent much of the day working on a grant to purchase playground equipment for our city parks. Carol has helped very much in getting information for me to complete the grant. Theda has been typing some of the information that I have gotten so far. We plan to spend $100,000.00 on equipment. If I am successful we can double that amount with the grant. I hope we are successful. The playground equipment has been neglected for several years in our parks.

No comments: