Sunday, May 16, 2010

SUNDAY MAY 16, 2010
3:53 PM

The city hired a contractor to do some work on John Hayden Smith Park this past week. Our crews also did some work on the park. These crews cleaned up the ditch on the south side of the park and cleaned up the area between the ditch and the field on the south of the park. These improvements make the area look a lot better. We have had some problems in the park area. We think that opening up this area will solve some of these problems. At least we can see the people in the area. I do not understand people doing damage to the park equipment.

Next Thursday I have an executive committee meeting in Fort Smith. It will be a long day. I plan to leave early and then return after the meeting. I do not like this, but I do not want to spend the night in Fort Smith. I look forward to the meeting and visiting with my friends from around the state. I also enjoy working on the problems of the cities of the state.

No comments: