Sunday, May 2, 2010

SUNDAY MAY 2, 2010
5:05 PM

Yesterday I went to Iuka for the wedding of my niece, Morgan. The wedding was very nice. I left yesterday morning and stopped in Memphis to pick up Amy. We left her house about eleven in the morning. We stopped for lunch and then went to the wedding. We had to drive through a very heavy rain shower. We had to drive through the heavy rain for about 45 miles. I do not think that I have ever driven through rain that hard for that length of time. We arrived at the church about two minutes before the ceremony began.

Pat was already at the church. She and her sister had driven to Iuka from Panama City on Friday. Pat made the pictures of the wedding. After the reception Amy, Pat, and I visited with mother for a few minutes and then drove to Memphis. The weather was fine on the trip home. We stopped in Memphis and all went out for dinner. We went to a Mexican place and we all were full and enjoyed the food and the time together. While we were in the cafe we noticed on the TV that there was flooding in Millington and other parts of Shelby county. Amy work part time in Millington. She called one of her co workers and found out the the flooding was very bad. The funeral home where she works had no damage, but two funeral homes were flooded out.

Pat and I slept in this morning. We went to bed late and there was bad weather in the Cross County area as well as the Memphis area. We watched TV until the threat had passed Amy's home and the Wynne area. There was some damage in the western part of the county, but no one was hurt, just some property damage.

I worked on my old truck a little this afternoon. I also had to mark a grave for a funeral tomorrow morning at Cogbill. I got a call a little after two and had to go mark the grave. After some more information from the funeral home I was able to locate the grave plot and mark the grave.

The benches and picnic tables that I wrote a grant for last year will be here tomorrow. The street crew will install them over the next several days. They did some work last week getting ready for the new benches and tables. I think that the citizens and visitors will enjoy these new additions to our parks.

No comments: