Monday, October 3, 2011

MONDAY OCTOBER 3, 2011
7:05 PM

I am still alive and kicking.  I have not blogged in several weeks.   I have been busy being retired.

We are unpacked now.  Pat has a few boxes to empty and arrange her office.  Every other room has no boxes and all the furniture and pictures are in place.

I have done a lot of yard work and clearing of the woods behind our home.  I usually work a little each day on the yard.  It looks much better than it did when we moved into the house. 

Last Saturday Pat's brother and I cut most of the trees for where my new garage will be.   We have to remove the stumps before I can pour a slab.  I am getting prices this week on pouring a slab for the building.  My plans are to have someone pour the slab and then my winter project will be to build my garage.  I have decided to build it 24 feet by 36 feet.  I miss not having a garage at home to do projects.

We have purchased all new appliances including a new heat and air system and a new hot water heater.  We have our fireplace installed and have even used it yesterday.

Pat and I are both invlolved in several activities at church in addition to Sunday School and regular services.  It is beginning to feel like home.

We have enjoyed being close to family.  It is also good to be able to see mother several times a week.  Mother is not much better, but she is holding her own.  She will celebrate her 93rd birthday on the 22nd of this month.  It is also my birthday, I will be 65.
I am now receiving three retirement checks, one from the school, one from the city, and social security.  I am now on Medicare.  I have purchsed a supplemental plan and a drug card to help pay the medical cost.

I have had very little contact with people in Wynne.  I subscribe to the Wynne Progress, but it gets here 12 days after in comes out in Wynne.  I do listen to KWYN on the internet some.  I listen to the news some and Yawn Patrol.  It is good to keep up with what is going on in Wynne.

I have started going to the coffee shop. They are just like Wynne coffee shops.  They complain about the goverment and have answers for all of the problems.  They are not talking about me though.

I have been going to see my Bulldogs play this year.  I am about 90 miles closer than I was in Wynne.  I usually get home a little after midnight now.   That is much better than 2:30 or 3:00 AM when I was in Wynne.

I am enjoying being retired.  I have not been bored a bit.  It is also nice not to have to deal with problems or answer the phone.  I did enjoy that part of my life, but my life has changed.

(And he stays outside and busy enough that he isn't underfoot! He told me to proof this and so I did... with a little footnote...)

No comments: