Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July 2, 2008
1:20 PM

The new dog pound is almost complete. We need to seal the floor, but that will not be possible for about two months. I have ordered the material from Caldwell Lumber. We are going to put up a few feet of chain link fence from the cornors of the dog pound. This will be another safety feature to keep the dogs if they decided to run when the officer opens the door to the pen. We also need three covers for the drains. They have been ordered and should be here in a few days.
We are going to pour a small amount of concrete around the water outlets. The animal control officer requested this and is will also keep the mud to a mininum around the pens. The animal control officer is pleased with the new pound and he said that my design is working out just fine. I never though that I would be in the business of designing dog pounds.

Killough road is now fully open and all of the work has been completed. All of the signs have been removed. It is very nice to travel this section of street. I feel sure that the citizens of Wynne appreciate this much needed improvment of a major street.

I took Pat to the heart doctor in Germantown yesterday. She had an excellent check-up. The doctor said no heart problems or lung problems.

We stopped in West Memphis and had a quick lunch with Amy. They have been very busy the last few days. She told us that they had six on the board. In fact when left for lunch Kent told her to be back for a service that started a 2:00PM. She talked to Pat later in the day and said that they now had two more on the board. The funeral business seems to be feast or famine.

I was notified today that I have been appointed to the Executive Committee for the Municipal League. I was glad to get the appointment. I have enjoyed my service on the committee. It takes some of my time, but I enjoy working on the business of the cities of Arkansas through the municipal league.

I am looking forward to having a three day weekend. Friday is the 4th and the city will be shut down except for fire and police. They never shut down.

No comments: