Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday July 9, 2008
10:00 AM

The Wynne City Council met last night. We had a short agenda but make a major change in our sanitation department. The city will end the pick up of all class four trash effective July 18. The change was necessary because of the money that is available for the services that are now provided. The choice for the city council was stop the class four pickup or raise the sanitation fees about $6.00 per month and increase the commercial fees about 15 to 20 percent. The council felt that they could not increase the fees that amount. They chose to stop the service. I have spent a lot of time the last ten days trying to come up with a soultion. In the end I told the committee and the council that I recommended that the service be stoped. That is the decision that the council voted to do last night.

We will have some complaints about this, but I think that the citizens will adjust to this in a few weeks. I also think that they will appreciate the job the sanitation department has been providing for them for several years.

When we prepare the budget I will look at the resumption of this service. If I think that we can provide some type of service at a reasonable cost I will try to resume the service, or at least a scaled down version of the service.

Being Mayor is a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: