Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday July 28, 2008
1o:52 AM

I took off work on Friday. I visited mother in Iuka. I did not tell her that I was going to see her until I arrived. I called her from the carport once I arrived.

It was good to visit with her. She seemed to be doing very well. She even had the AC on and when I got there she told me to lower the setting. While I was there Aunt Ginny stopped by for a visit and to pickup mother's grocery list. Mother offered to fix me some lunch, but the only thing that she had to make a sandwich was tomato. I told her that I would stop on my way home and get some lunch.

Amy called early Saturday morning. She was at work and the news she had was that she had received the results of her Arkansas test. She passed. That was very good news. I am proud of her and the work she does. She really enjoys the work and the business she works for. I am happy that she enjoys her work and the business where she is able to work.

I mowed the yard early Saturday morning and then went to the coffee shop for some instructions on how to better carry out my job as mayor. Senator Luker was there and he told me that he was glad to see me to answer the questions that he could not answer. We had some lively discussions around the coffee table. I enjoy going to the coffee shop and discussing the problems of the city, state, nation and the world with the coffee shop crowd.

We got a little rain yesterday in Wynne. At home my gage had 7/10 of an inch in it after the rain. Every little bit helps. I was talking to some citizens this morning and they said the the rain was not a general rain, it varied quite a bit and some sections of the city received very little rain.

Last night at church two friends of mine were giving me a hard time about the recent changes in our garbage collection. Then one of them told me that one of her children lives in Conway and that the city of Conway does not pick up class three and four trash. She told me that in the past that when they visited their child they brought back to Wynne the trash from their child's home and placed it on the street for the city of Wynne to dispose of along with the residents of Wynne.

No comments: