Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday July 31, 2008
2:00 PM

Today was my lucky day again. I attended the annual meeting of the EAPDD in Jonesboro this morning. I have been serving as the president for the past year. One of the agenda items was the election of officers for the coming year. I had (with Richard's help) appointed a committee to present a slate of officers for the coming year. A few minutes after I arrived, one of the committee members asked me if I would serve another year. I told him that I would be willing to serve another year as president.

When we got to that item on the agenda I called on the committee to make present a slate of officers for the coming year. Gerald Morris told the group that the committee had met and that he, for the committee, would suggest that the same officers serve for the coming year. Shortly a motion from the floor was that the nominations stop and the group presented be elected by acclamation. Needless to say all of the mayor's and judge's present agreed. I do not mind taking on this office. There is very little to do, and when we meet we always have an excellent meal. Today we had steak and all of the trimmings from Mel's in Harrisburg. The meal was excellent.

No comments: