Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday July 29, 2008
1:00 PM

When I came to work yesterday morning Theda told me that we had a funeral set for Wed. A family member had been in on Friday to make arrangements for a burial plot. Theda had found a plot that suited the family member.

During the day yesterday Theda had prepared a map for me to mark the grave. I went to the cemetery and located the spot. There was a small problem. A person had already been buried in the plot. I came back to city hall and told Theda of the problem. That was about 4:45 Pm. I told her that we would find another spot in the morning. (I said we---I meant that Theda would find a spot.)

This morning Theda located another burial spot and drew me a map. I went to the cemetery and there was a plot in the location, but the graves around it were not as our maps indicated. I returned to city hall and ask Theda to find another location because of potential problems with her latest map. After my explanation to her, she agreed and she found another single burial plot in the general area and prepared a map.

It worked well on the third try. There were no problems and I marked the grave for the service tomorrow. A few weeks ago we had sold a plot next to the one I marked this morning and we knew that in this location everything will be OK.

Just another day in the life of a cemetery manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: