Monday, July 27, 2009

MONDAY JULY 27, 2009
2:50 PM

I have been busy today. I have had several issues that required action. I think that those issues are over for now.

I talked with the man that is producing the information sheets for our new residential garbage system. He plans to send the the final proof copy today. If I approve they should be here in about two weeks. They contain a lot of information about our new system and other information about other services that the sanitation department provides. A change in the system requires citizens to place their garbage contain on the edge of the street in a certain position. We plan to provide each customer with the regulations about the middle of next month. If the carts are not placed properly, they will not be emptied. I expect a number of calls, but when we start using the new truck in early September. The driver will be the only person on the new truck. He will not be expected to get out of the truck and properly place the cans for dumping.

I met with a representative of Entergy this morning. I plan to add three new street lights on the southern part of the city. I have called Woodruff and requested a meeting. We need to add several on the northern part of the city. It could be interesting. They have never placed street lights like the ones we need in that part of town. There are some highway regulations, that the representative of Woodruff had never heard of those regulations. I expect a call in the next few days.

I worked in the yard about 1/2 day on Saturday. I did not complete all the work that I had planned, but I will finish over the next few days.

Pat had a pretty good weekend. She was feeling much better today at noon. Joyce Futrell brought food to the house on Friday night. She brought six vegetables, chicken strips, dessert and corn bread. I think that was just what Pat needed. We even made two meals of the food and still have a small amount left. Shelby Wilkins brought dinner yesterday. She brought a beef roast with all the trimmings. We certainly enjoyed the food. We will probably have leftovers from Sunday for several meals.

The street department is working on another drainage project. They are installing a pipe to better handle the water in a section of ward 5.

No comments: