Saturday, February 13, 2010

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 13, 2010
5:30 PM

I have spent the day working on my old truck, shoveling snow and ice, watching part of the Nationwide race, and I even took a short nap.

My driveway is completely snow and ice. The sun was out part of the day and quite a bit of it had melted before I moved it off the driveway.

I did not do any major things to the truck. I just cleaned up some to the truck. I still have plenty to do. I need to work on the heater, it does not work. I also need to work on the radio, it does not work.

I had to move all of the cars and trucks to get the old truck in the garage. I got the old truck stuck on the ice and it took me about one hour to get it in the garage. But speed was not important. If I finished all of the work, I could not spend time in the garage. It is very good therapy for me to get our in the garage and spend time working on the truck.

The temperature got to about 50 degrees today. It was nice outside even though I spent most of the day in the house or garage.

When I left the office yesterday afternoon Theda told me that she would be in Wynne all weekend in case I needed her for some cemetery help. It seems every holiday I have to take care of cemetery business. I never had any intention of managing a cemetery, but because of circumstances I have been taking care of one for several years. I have learned a lot about death and the business of funerals and cemetery business because of my work at the cemetery and Amy's chosen profession.

No comments: