Thursday, February 25, 2010

THURSDAY FEBRUARY 25, 2010
6:50 PM

I received some potential good news this morning from Congressman Berry's office. I talked with a member of his staff this morning. His aide asked me to submit a proposal for funding of Town Creek. Congressman Berry has been working on this project for the city for several years. If fact I sometimes say that the congressman may think that my name is Town Creek, because I have talked with him and his staff so much about this project.

Congressman Berry's aide told me that the congressman plans to make one more push to get this project funded. (Congressman Berry has announced that he plans to retire from congress at the end of this year)

I will submit the necessary forms to his office. Hopefully the congressman will be successful this final time.

I had to purchase a new set of tires for my avalanche today. I bought the same brand that came on the truck when it was new. I have been pleased with the tires that came on the truck, so that was the reason I bought the same brand. They cost $841.19. I remember when I was going to Mississippi State buying a new set of tires for my car for $40.00.

It has been routine at the city hall this week. I have been busy but no major decisions or problems this week.

I did perform a wedding today. That is the first one in several days.

No comments: