Sunday, February 7, 2010

SUNDAY FEBRUARY 7, 2010
4:10 PM

I am getting ready to watch the super bowl. It should be a good game. Both teams are the best in their conferences.

Amy and I went to Memphis on Friday afternoon to take care of some personal business. We had a good trip except for a small detour when we left Wynne. Highway 64 at the intersection with Killough was blocked. There was an accident near the golf course and the road was blocked. We learned after we returned to Wynne that one of the drivers in the wreck was killed.

Late Friday night, in fact early Saturday morning, Amy and I had to take Pat to the hospital. Her heart was beating about 11o beats per minute. The doctor and nurse took care of the problem and got her heart back to beating normal. It was a very intense time. It is no fun going to the emergency room in the middle of the night, but I am thankful that we have an emergency room to deal with health problems when they happen.

I cranked my new toy yesterday and did a small amount of work on the truck. Later yesterday Amy and I cleaned her car. We put the car in the garage and did a top to bottom cleaning of the inside. After we finished I took the car to the car wash and cleaned the outside. It really look good after we finished.

I worked on my new toy a few minutes today. Nothing major, just some cleaning of some small parts. The man who called me on my way home with the truck has not called. He indicated that he would probably come this weekend and look at the truck, but he has not called.

The city council will meet on Tuesday night. I will write about the meeting next week. The agenda for the meeting can be found on the city website if you would like to know the items that will be discussed. The web site is: cityofwynne.com.

We have two burials at Cogbill tomorrow and one on Tuesday. Amy went to the cemetery this afternoon to watch me mark the grave sites. She has done almost everything to do with a death, but she has never been involved with the marking of a grave. The funeral homes that she has worked for have separate people who take care of the cemetery.

No comments: