Friday, June 4, 2010

FRIDAY JUNE 4, 2010
4:47 PM

This was a short week at work, only four days, but I am ready for the week end. The contractor started erecting our new storage building at the public works department today.

Entergy plans to move the electric lines on Monday on MLK. The bridge contractor has already moved some of his supplies and equipment to the job site. He plans to start work on Tuesday.

I took Pat to a doctor in Memphis yesterday afternoon. A few minutes after we got to the office my aunt and sister in law came in. My aunt was there to see the same doctor as Pat. In fact their appointments were back to back. My sister in law and I had a good visit while Pat and my aunt were seeing the doctor.

After the doctors office Pat and I went to Corky's for lunch. We called Amy and she joined us for a visit. She did not eat. She had already had lunch when we called, but we had a good visit.

About the time we got home it started raining. It rained very hard for several minutes. In fact after it stopped I checked my rain gage and it had rained two inches.

The city council meets on Tuesday night. We have a very short agenda to take care of the city business. I have scheduled a public hearing at 6:oo PM for input about the needs for our city parks. This is one of the activities that I must do in order to apply for a grant. I am anxious to hear the results of this public hearing. I will report on the city council meeting next week here on my blog.

No comments: