Wednesday, June 23, 2010

WEDNESDAY JUNE 23, 2010
7:30 PM

I stopped by the bridge this morning and met for a few minutes with the man in charge of the construction. He informed me that the construction was going well. He said if weather permits they should have the bridge construction completed in about four weeks.

Late Friday afternoon I had a conservation with a resident of the city. He told me of a small problem with the street he lives near. I told him that I would take care of the problem for him this week. I meant to inform Jerry of the problem and ask him to put in on a schedule to be repaired. I did not have a chance to inform Jerry of the problem on Monday. He had to drive the residential garbage truck. Tuesday morning he stopped by the office and I was not in the office. When I returned Theda told me that this individual has stopped by and had left me a message. His message was to thank me for taking care of the problem he had told me about. He told Theda that I would know what he was talking about. I did know what he was talking about.

Last night I was at Wal-Mart and a resident stopped me and informed me of a problem near his office. I told him that I would inform Jerry and the problem would be corrected.

This morning about 7:00 AM I drove by his office to check on the problem. When I arrived at the office, the problem had been corrected. I saw Jerry a few minutes later and told him about my findings and thank him for taking care of that problem and the one on the street before I had a chance to inform him of the problems.

It is great to have city employees who keep a check on problems in the city and take care of them without a request from me. I will get credit, if fact I have already gotten credit for one of the problems, when I actually had nothing to to with the problems being solved.

Great employees are a great asset to me and the citizens of Wynne.

PS---I sometimes get blame for things I had nothing to do with outcomes. I guess on average it all evens out.

No comments: