Saturday, June 19, 2010

SATURDAY JUNE 19, 2010
7:48 PM

I finished my yard work early this morning before it got so hot. My string trimmer bit the dust. I was able to get most of the trimming completed before it quit. I then took a shower and went to Jonesboro to buy a new one. I hate not to buy in Wynne, but the trimmer I like is not available in Wynne. So I went to Jonesboro and bought one that I like.

When I got back from Jonesboro I began the painting of a storage unit in the kitchen. I took it apart and did all of the work and painting in the garage. I am painting it with oil base paint. It will take probably three coats and each coat must dry 24 hours. I was glad to have a cool shop to do the work. I listened and watched the car race will I was working in the shop.

Amy and Pat got home about an hour ago. They are gone to a cafe to eat supper not. Amy said the she wanted to sit down and be waited on for the meal. Pat had a good visit in Iuka.

Tomorrow is Fathers Day. Happy Fathers Day to all of the dads.

Amy gave me my Fathers Day gift a few minutes ago. It is a key chain with a casket on the ring. She said that it was for my old truck that I call my cemetery truck. In fact the tag on the front of the truck has the following tag----------CEMETERY TRUCK. I call it my cemetery truck, because I have used money that I have made managing the cemetery to pay for the truck and parts and repairs that I completed on the truck.

No comments: