Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday August 1, 2008
11:40 AM

This morning I stopped at the public works building for a few minutes. Jerry told me that yesterday a truck pulled up to the gate and wanted to dump some trash. The city employee we greeted the citizen told the citizen that the city had stopped the service of allowing people to dump trash at the public works building. The citizen was not happy.

He took the trash out of his truck and placed it beside the fence and drove off. The alert city employee got the tag number from the truck. We had the police run the tag number and got the owner of the truck.

Jerry told me of the situation this morning. I wrote the owner of the truck a nice letter detailing our policy and informing him of the acts carried out by the driver of the truck. I offered to discuss our policy with him if he chooses. I probably will not hear from the owner. I think, but I am not sure, that the driver of the truck was the owner. I drove by the shop yesterday and I observed the truck of the owner from the tag number at the gate.

I was pleased with the action that the city employee took in taking down the tag number. I expressed by appreciation to that employee this morning.

Just another day of being mayor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: