Friday, April 3, 2009

FRIDAY APRIL 3, 2009
1:49 PM

I think that we have solved the garbage truck problem. I have just signed the loan for a new garbage truck. Tri State called this morning with a proposal that I could not turn down. They have been working on our truck every day for the last two weeks and could not get it properly repaired. They agreed to pay off our present truck and deliver our new truck early. The new lease will be for 30 months rather than 24. They added full coverage for the new truck for 30 months rather than 24. The bottom line is that the city will save about $22,000.00 by accepting this offer. Seemed like a no brainier to me.

I hope that the new truck is trouble free.

I appeared on Yawn Patrol this morning as a chamber of commerce board member. I was there representing the chamber and welcoming a new chamber member. The new member is Delta Environmental. Glen Eaton appeared with me. The program went well and Glen was able to explain the business of his company.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Way to go, Mayor!