Thursday, April 9, 2009

THURSDAY APRIL 9, 2009
2:50PM

The new garbage truck seems to be working fine. I hope that it continues without any trouble.

I finally got a draft copy of a layoff policy for the city from the lawyer. The staff and I discussed it in our staff meeting this morning. We think that it will meet our needs. We will review it again and I will discuss it with the lawyer. My plan is to present it to the council for action at the May meeting. That is the last step in closing out the EEOC investigation of the city.

I have prepared rules for class three pickup in Wynne. I anticipate that the council will increase the rates and begin the service for all residents of Wynne. My plan is to meet with the solid waste committee on Monday for a final decision and then present it to the council for action on Tuesday night. My list came from information presented to me by the city council members. Not all of them presented me with information, but I took the information presented and came up with rules.

I am feeling better today, but I am not totally recovered. I will be glad when I am back to normal.

No comments: