Monday, April 20, 2009

MONDAY APRIL 20, 2009
3:15 PM

I took off a couple of hours early on Friday. I went home and worked in the yard. I had wanted to go to Memphis on Saturday to the Super Chevy Show, so I needed to complete the yard work on Friday. I completed a large portion of the work, but I did not completely finish.

On Saturday morning the weather forecast was for rain in Wynne and in Memphis. I decided not to go to the Chevy Show. I did not want to get wet and I sure did not want to walk around it the mud. It turned out that it did not rain until late Saturday afternoon. I worked in the yard most of the day. I still did not complete all of the projects that I had planned before the rain.

Later Saturday afternoon, after the rain began, I had to come to the City Hall and provide information to a family about cemetery plots. They had an unexpected death and they needed cemetery information to complete the arrangements.

When Pat and I left for church yesterday morning it was raining. When church was over the rain had stopped. Yesterday afternoon I took naps, watched TV and generally relaxed. We had another rain late Sunday afternoon, but by the time we went to church it had stopped.

I have been kinda busy today but I have not had to rush to compete the work I had to complete. I have revised the layoff policy for the city. I have asked the department heads to complete their revisions before our meeting on Thursday morning. My plan is for all of us to come to an agreement and then present our copy to the lawyer for approval. If all of that happens I plan to present it to the council for adoption at the May meeting.

No comments: