Tuesday, April 14, 2009

TUESDAY APRIL 14, 2009
8:30 AM

I had to take a break from writing to perform a wedding. I did not know the couple, but they showed up with a marriage license and I married them. Just another day in the life of a small town mayor.

Yesterday was a good medical day for Pat and also for me. Pat went to Jonesboro for her annual checkup and she got a very good report.

I had my eyes checked yesterday afternoon. Dr. Mitchell said that he could provide correction for my eyes, but the correction needed was so small that if I was not having any problems seeing he would suggest no correction. I do not have any problems seeing, so I said I choose not to wear glasses. Everything else that he checked was also fine. Usually people my age start to have some problems, but as yet I have none. Very good day.

Jerry and I met with the solid waste committee yesterday afternoon. I presented them with proposed regulations for the handling of class three trash when we begin to pick it up again on Wednesday. They supported the regulations that I presented and I will present the to the full council tonight for adoption. The rules that I presented are the result of input from Jerry, me, and the city council members. I just thought that it would be a good time to establish rules to deal with this type of trash. Everybody will now understand the regulations for dealing with this issue.

No comments: