Monday, April 13, 2009

MONDAY APRIL 13, 2009
9:11 AM

The weather was good on Saturday and I got to complete most of my yard work. I enjoyed working outside on Saturday and as I said, I completed most of the work I had planned.

Pat purchased some bar-b-que from the fire department on Saturday afternoon and that was what we had for lunch. I ate too much, but it was really good. They use the profit from the fundraiser to pay for toys for needy children at Christmas time and to fund the scholarships that they provide for fireman's children. I appreciate the hard work the fireman do to have the fundraiser and they use the money for good causes.

We did not have Sunday School yesterday. We only had two preaching services in the morning. Pat and I went at our usual time of 8:30 AM. The attendance was good at the service we attended. There are a number of people who only go to church on Easter Sunday. One day a year is better than none.

Between the services the church provided snacks and drinks. Pat and I participated in the function. The attendance was very good and Pat and I enjoyed visiting with friends during that time.

The residential garbage truck had to be carried to the shop on Friday. They completed the work on Saturday and Jerry picked up the truck on Sunday. This morning everything was working fine.

Pat in in Jonesboro today. She is having her annual check up. I hope everything is OK. I have an appointment with the eye doctor this afternoon. I am not aware of any problems, but at my age I need to have that verified by a doctor.

I have a meeting today at 5:00PM with the solid waste committee. I hope to finalize the regulations for class three and four garbage. I anticipate that the city council will adopt the regulations at their Tuesday night meeting. I also anticipate that they will increase the fee to $18.00 per month to cover the increased cost.

No comments: