Friday, November 7, 2008

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 7, 2008
8:45AM

I met with the city council budget committee yesterday and went over the budget for 2009. They were pleased and voted to recommend the budget to the full council. There are only two major changes in this years budget. The budget contains a 3% raise for the employees and we had to increase the amount for fuel in all of the budgets. The rest of the budget remains very much like the budget for 2008.

I plan to go in a few minutes to get my annual flu shot. This year the county health department is giving the shots free. I have gone to the health department for years to get my flu shot and had to pay a small fee, but this year they are free. They plan to start at 9:00 AM and go until 4:00 PM or until they run out.

The leaves have turned and in my yard they are falling. I started raking them yesterday afternoon, but I did not get very much completed. I plan to work on the leaves tomorrow.

We have a burial today at the cemetery and we also have one scheduled for Sunday at 10:00AM. This is the first time that I have been involved with a burial on Sunday morning. We have had a few on Sunday afternoon, but this is my first for Sunday morning.

The work continues on Jessie Wynne Park. The contractor has completed quite a bit of the work. I look forward to the completion of this project.

No comments: