Monday, November 10, 2008

MONDAY NOVEMBER 10, 2008
11:00 AM

Saturday morning I removed the leaves from the back yard. I blew the leaves off the drive way and carport. I mulched the front yard. A few minutes after I removed the leaves from the back yard and carport they were covered again.

While I was working in the front yard, my neighbor stopped and said that we should make our other neighbor rake his leaves. The neighbor I was talking to and I do not have trees in our front yards, but we have to remove leaves from our other neighbor's yard. Sounds good, but that neighbor likes to look at the leaves in his yard.

I spent the rest of the day enjoying football on TV. There were several good games to watch. Next week Mississippi State plays Alabama in Alabama. At the present time Alabama is ranked number one in the nation. I will get to watch the game on TV. I do not think that we can beat them, but we beat them last year.

I drove by Jessie Wynne Park this morning. The work is progressing quite well. I have had a number of questions about what is going on in the park. When I explain, they seem to all agree that some changes needed to be made. I will be glad when the work is complete and we can enjoy the park again.

This morning I wrote an ordinance for the city council meeting next week. The ordinance requires buildings floor level to be six inches higher than the curb or street. This will aid in the drainage around buildings. If citizens do not want to follow these specs there is a provision for them to develop a drainage plan and submit it to the city engineer for approval. I hope the city council approves this ordinance. I think that this will aid drainage for the city.

No comments: