Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 4, 2008
2:49 PM

I have been busy today. I have done quite a bit of work for the cemetery. We have a burial at 10:00 AM Sunday morning. When I called the grave digger he repeated the day and time, I said yes. This is the first time I have had a service on Sunday morning.

I also sold a burial plot to a lady. I went to the visitation for Mrs. Boger this morning and Kaye told me that we would have another one later this week. We sold a burial plot last week and the man told me that his wife was near death.

Carol and I met with the auditor this morning. Carol does not keep records of vacation and sick time like the other departments. The auditor needed an explanation of the way she keeps the time. I think that she will have to change the way she is recording her time.

Yesterday a man stopped by and ask if I could show him the grave of one of his relatives. I told him that I could. I looked up the records and found the plots. Lynn was here and he told me that he would go to the cemetery and show the man the graves. He called me about 30 minutes later and said that he could not find the graves. I went to the cemetery and I could not find the graves either. I told the man to give me a phone number and I would find the grave and give him a call. I came back to city hall and located the burial plots. I made a map and went to the cemetery. I found the lots, but there were no markers. I called the man ( he lives in Marked Tree) and told him of my findings. He thanked me for my trouble.

I voted this morning about 9:00. There were several people voting, but I did not have to wait but about 5 minutes to gain access to the machine. Cross County had a large number (over 3,000 out of about 11,000) of voters vote early. I like the early voting. That makes it easier for some people to have an opportunity to vote.

I attended the quarterly meeting of the FCI Community Relation Board this morning. It was good to see my friends I have made while serving on this board. It is always good to here the reports of the management at the prison, and we get a free lunch.

No comments: