Tuesday, November 11, 2008

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 11, 2008
9:57 AM

I am at the office killing time. The city is observing veterans day today. It is raining so I could not do the yard work that I had planned to do today. I cannot go in the house, because the housekeeper is there today. I do not want to disturb her in her cleaning.

Pat had a test done this morning at the hospital. We went to Kelley's this morning for breakfast. That is the first time is several days that I have not had my usual breakfast. My usual breakfast is a honey bun. I went to Kelley's before Pat and got caught up on all the information I needed. The coffee table is always full of information and they have no problem expressing their ideas and suggestions.

The representative from the storm door stopped by and measured the back door. Oscar has caused some damage to the door. He said that he could repair the door. It will take a few days. Oscar did not cause the damage, but he increased the damage. He loves to paw at the door when Pat gets home in the afternoon. His best friend is Pat. If she is not around, he sometimes will be friendly to me. If she is around, he usually has nothing to do with me.

I went to the high school last night to hear about the EAST project. The students are working on eight projects at the present time. It seemed strange to visit the room where I last taught. The EAST classroom is the room that was assigned to me the last part of my teaching career.

Yesterday afternoon I performed a wedding. A few minutes before four Theda got a call and asked if I would perform the ceremony. I told her, and she relayed the message that I would perform the ceremony. The young couple showed up in a few minutes and I performed the ceremony. While I was filling out the paper work for the wedding, I ask where the couple were from. The young lady was from Memphis and the young man was born in Wynne. If fact I taught his father and I have known his mother for a number of years.

No comments: