Monday, December 8, 2008

DECEMBER 8, 2008
2:10 PM

This past weekend I did not engage in many activities. I went to the coffee shop on Saturday morning to get caught up on the latest news in Wynne.

I went to Parkin on Saturday afternoon to participate in the Parkin Christmas Parade. They had a good turnout of parade participants and there was a good crowd to view the parade. I enjoyed my participation. Ms Joanne has called me for the last several year inviting me to participate. I have enjoyed going over the years. She is really working hard to improve Parkin.

I spent the remainder of the time enjoying football on TV. There were several games. I was in Parkin for most of the Alabama and Florida game. I went to Parkin in my Avalanche, so I could listen to the game on XM.

On Sunday Pat and I went to Sunday School and church. The rest of the day I spent on the couch. My back has been acting up and I could lie on the couch with much less pain. I took a few naps and enjoyed pro football. At the end of the service Sunday night the church had a live video and audio hookup with Kirk Owens. It was good to see and hear from him live. Pat and I have been keeping up with him through email, but it was good to see and hear him live.

I told Brother Matt yesterday morning that he and I were going to have to give our schools more money now because they both fired the football coach and both have to pay them off. He said that he was shocked that Auburn had fired their coach.

I have been busy here at city hall for most of the day. I have now hit a short window that allows me to write on this blog.

No comments: