Monday, December 29, 2008

MONDAY DECEMBER 29, 2008
9:00 AM

I have been off work for five days. The official days that the city hall was closed was last Wednesday an Thursday. I also took off on Friday.

Pat and I went to Jonesboro to eat out for our anniversary. We had a delicious meal. Pat did a little last minute shopping for Christmas. We did not do anything special on Wednesday or Thursday. On Christmas day we had a big breakfast and that was about all we did. Pat did get me a few shirts and wrapped them up for Christmas. I did not get Pat anything for a gift this Christmas. We plan to buy a flat screen TV sometime in the next few weeks. We have been looking for several weeks and I think that we have made a decision on which one to buy.

I called Mother and David on Christmas day. This is the first time in several years that we have not had breakfast with my family on Christmas. We did not go to Mississippi because Amy had to work on Christmas day and the day after.

We went to Amy's on Saturday and spent the day and part of Sunday with her. She is off for three days. We had a good visit. We also took her the gifts that we had bought her for Christmas. While we were in Memphis we went to Graceland to look at the Christmas lights on Saturday night. That is the first time in years we have visited Graceland at Christmas.

It is back to a more normal routine now that the holidays are over. We will be off on new years day. I will probably go to the courthouse in the morning to watch the swearing in ceremony for the elected officials. I will probably spend a lot of time watching the bowl games over the next several days.

1 comment:

Kaye Butler said...

I envy you! The girls are going to a party at the EACC Building, so, I will be out around 12AM. Happy New Year...