Friday, December 5, 2008

FRIDAY DECEMBER 5, 2008
3:41 PM

This has been a very busy week in the city. I have been busy everyday. I have had a number of meetings. This morning I attended a Workforce board meeting in Forrest City. Yesterday I had a long staff meeting and then the rest of the morning, I attended the Solid Waste Board meeting. The meeting was held in Wynne.

Wednesday I traveled to North Little Rock and attended the Executive Committee meeting of the Arkansas Municipal League. We had a very good meeting and I got a chance to visit with friends of mine from around the state. It was a long day but a very beneficial day.

The department heads and I have had to deal with a number of employee situations this week. Enough on that subject.

Last night Pat and I had chili at the fire department and then I participated in the Wynne Christmas Parade. The parade was very good and the turnout was excellent. As usual the weather was cold. I think that the first Thursday in December is always cold in Wynne.

I did not get a chance to check my email until a few minutes ago. I did not get to go to lunch till 1:00pm because of work that had to be completed here at city hall.

I shaved by beard off last night. I told people that I grew it in recognition of Mississippi State beating Arkansas in football. It was the first time State and won in 9 years.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: