Monday, December 22, 2008

MONDAY DECEMBER 22, 2008
8:26 AM

I spent a quiet weekend at home this past two days. Pat and I went to the fire department Christmas party on Friday night. There was a good turnout and the food was excellent. A few minutes before the party was to end the alarm went off. It is still amazing to me how quick the firemen can go from enjoying a party to be gone from the station to a fire. I appreciate the work and dedication of the members of the Wynne Fire Department.

I went to the coffee shop on Saturday morning. They were very easy on me.

Later in the day I washed my truck. Well, I did not wash it, I went to the automatic car wash. It looks much better. Later in the day I went to Wal-Mart with Pat. They were very busy, but we were in and out very quickly. The checkout line was short when we were ready to go home.

We stayed in yesterday, except going to Sunday School and church. Last night the choir had the Christmas music. It was very good and the length was very good. We had a business meeting before the service and then the music. The program was over by 7:00 PM.

It is very cold here now. A few minutes ago as I was coming to work the temperature was 12 degrees. The high today is forecast to be only 30 degrees.

1 comment:

Kaye Butler said...

I washed my van right before church last night. By the time we got out, the doors were frozen shut. I am smart.