Monday, December 15, 2008

MONDAY DECEMBER 15, 2008
3:32 PM

It has been several days since I did a blog. I will try to catch up on what has been happening.

We had an unusual situation in one of the city departments last Friday. The bottom line is that the situation was a no win for anyone involved. We made a decision, but I do not think that everyone was happy. I contacted an individual who is an expert in the field, but as of now he has not responded to my request for assistance.

Friday night I performed a wedding for a former student and his bride. The couple was Ray Lawrence and Rose Bridges. The wedding was at New Hope Baptist Church. The wedding went very well. Pat went with me and we stayed for the reception. There was a good crowd and I knew most of the people who attended. I enjoyed the ceremony and visiting with the guest after the wedding.

I went to Benton on Saturday. I would like to have a 1946 Chevrolet pickup. There was one for sale in Benton. I had called about it earlier in the week, but I could no go to look at it until Saturday. I called the owner in the morning and he said that he still had the pickup. I told him that I was on my way. He had described the truck very good, but after looking at the truck, I decided that I was not interested in that particular truck. The owner of the truck and I had a good visit. He showed me some of his other cars that he had restored. One of them was a 1948 Buick convertible street rod. It was really an nice car.

I got a call after I returned home on Saturday about Lynn Blake. He had chest pains and had been taken to Jonesboro. They had performed some test and planed to conduct more on Sunday morning. The did the other test on Sunday morning and had to place a stint in one of the blockages. The other could be treated with medication. He had though that he would be coming home today, but this morning he was informed that he would have to stay at least one more day.

Pat and I attended my Sunday School class Christmas party last night. We had an excellent turnout and Pat and I both enjoyed the food and fellowship.

On my trip to Benton I used a GPS. I simply typed in the address and I had perfect directions to the address where I was going. I am probably going to buy one for myself. I do not really need it, but what the heck. Lets go first class.

Pat is at home today. After the party last night she had a terrible headache. She went to bed and was not feeling much better this morning. I went home at lunch and she was feeling much better.

I had been scheduled, if fact I had been requested, to attend a committee hearing at the State Capitol tomorrow. The weather here is not good and there is a good chance that we will have ice in the morning. I called the office that requested my appearance. They called back and told me not to come. Another person that had been requested to appear had a conflict, so the meeting will be scheduled for a later date.

No comments: