Friday, September 12, 2008

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 12, 2008
2:50 PM

Gas prices have gone up quite a bit since yesterday. At the present time gas prices range from 3.79 to 4.09 per gallon at the stations in Wynne. I have been by Murphy at Walmart several times today and the cars are lined up three deep at every pump. It appears that they are rising because of the storm Ike that is probably going to hit the Texas coast sometime later today or early tomorrow.

I picked up my T-top for my camaro today. I installed it at lunch. I checked my gas in the camaro and I have a full tank. I will have to purchase some gas before I get home late tomorrow night or Sunday morning. The camaro gets good gas mileage, but it will not go to Mississippi State and back on a tank. I hope that I do not have any trouble buying gas on my trip. I do not need to be stuck somewhere in Mississippi out of gas. I did some simple math, and if I get the mileage that I normally get on a trip, the trip to State tomorrow will cost me $70.00 for gas to make the trip.

I invited Mike to meet me at the game tomorrow night. He said that he would think about it an call back. He called back in a few minutes and said that he was not going to go because that would make his bedtime too late.

David called last night. He and Sandra will be at Mississippi State tomorrow. They have some activities with Jennifer. He said that they planned to go to the game if they could buy tickets. He said that at least they were going to tailgate with Harold for a couple of hours before the game. He invited me to join them for tailgating. I told him that I would.

Oscar has missed Pat. He will not leave the patio to do his business. Last night and again this morning, I had to take him around the block. At least he did his business on our walk.

Yesterday Theda told me that she had a call about some lots at the cemetery. There were some questions about some lots from a family member. I ask her to make me a map and told her that I would check it out before she called the family back. She prepared a map and when she gave it to me she said that the records indicated that there were 16 burial plots next to the plots in question that had an X through them. An X usually means that lots cannot be used. Sometime there will be a note explaining not to use the plots. I went to the cemetery and the plots in question were OK. The family had purchased 8 burial plots and used 2. That was what I found on the plots in question. I then checked on the lots that had an x on them and they are full. I have no idea what is going on. I told Theda to make a note for us to check out these lots and see if we can find out what is going on.

No comments: