Wednesday, September 17, 2008

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 17, 2008
8:15 AM

I now have what I think are the final numbers for garbage cost in Wynne. I am waiting to hear from the council member about how they want to proceed.

I attended the bid opening for the Jessie Wynne Park project yesterday. BSI, a local Wynne company, was the apparent low bidder. I told Martin that as soon as he gives to OK the city crews will remove the bricks and sidewalks, so the contractor can proceed with the new construction. Once the notice to proceed is given the contractor has 60 days to complete the work. Fred Turner, one of the owners of BSI, said that he though that they would have no problem completing the job on time. The major factor is the weather.

The street crews are still picking up limbs from the storm over the weekend. There are still a number of piles around Wynne.

Yesterday after work I stopped by the new location for Hays Food Town. Bill Etheridge, a Hays employee, gave me the grand tour. I was impressed with the new store. It will be a state of the art grocery store. Mike King stopped by later and he is excited about the new store. He and Bill said that the target date to open is the middle of October, and everything seems to be on tract to make that date.

No comments: