Monday, September 29, 2008

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 29, 2008
9:53 AM

Amy and I went to the NHRA drag races in Memphis yesterday. She and I enjoyed the races, but is was hot. The races went about as fast as could be expected. There were very few delays because of oil or other problems with the track.

Amy was pulling for Ashley Force. She had a good day and went to the finals, but lost to Tim Wilkerson. In fact Tim beat John, Robert and then Ashley. He is having a very good year.

We arrived at the race track about 10:30 AM. We walked around for a few minutes before the races started. We decided to eat a bite before the races started at 11:00. We ordered a corn dog and a soft drink. The clerk said $20.00 please. Amy and I were both shocked, but that is typical for an event like that.

We stopped on the way home at Corky's for dinner. I pulled in the turn lane, and Amy said where are you going. I said that I was going to eat. She said that would be fine with her. We were both hungry and the food was excellent.

I enjoy going to the drag races, but I could not go to everyone. It is tough on an old man to spend that much time in the hot sun. But I do enjoy it once a year.

Amy and I both agreed that once a year is enough for us. We both a looking forward to going to Gulf Shores in October. I think that a week off will be good for Pat, Amy and me.

No comments: