Tuesday, September 30, 2008

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 30, 2008
3:33 PM

I have heard from eight city council members about the class three trash solution. There are five on one side, two on another side, one that is still making up his mind and I have not heard from two. I called the two that I have not heard from this morning. One of them has and answering machine and I left a message for him to call me. He has not called as of now.

Today was the first day that the sanitation department operated without using the fork truck. The fork truck operator has been chipping limbs today. We plan to keep up with the cost of chipping and determine what the cost are to chip limbs. I think that it will be cheaper than picking them up and going to the landfill, but that is not based on any numbers. After a few weeks of operation I should have the necessary information to get the cost of chipping.

I plan to complete the budget for 2009 next week. Theda will then have two weeks to prepare the copies for the budget committee. I plan to meet with the budget committee during the last week in October. I will be on vacation the third week in October. She will have plenty of time to make the copies for the council.

I do not plan to make the revised budget for 2008 until November. We have a few large items that have to be placed in the budget for this year. The three largest are the Killough Street project, the new trash cans for the residents, and the building of the new dog pound. The council has already approved all of these, but they have not been actually placed in the budget. The other big item we will have to adjust is the fuel cost for all departments. There are a few other lines that will have to be revised, but most of them are minor.

No comments: