Tuesday, September 2, 2008

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 2, 2008
10:30 AM

I feel better than I did last week, but I am still not 100%.

Sunday Pat and I picked up Amy and went to Tupelo. We met the rest of here family at the Olive Garden. We had a very good meal. We then went to the house where her mother was a patient. We toured around the facility and found the brick that the children had purchased in memory of their mother. We also found the small engraving of their mother's name. They place a small engraving of all the patients who have used the services of the home. I was impressed with the facility.

It was good to spend some time with Amy. We probably do not spend enough time with her. I carried her fire hydrant to her. She seemed to accept it with joy. I told her that it would be a reminder of her accident a few weeks ago.

I started painting the outside of our home yesterday. I plan to work on completing the job over the next several weeks. I am in no rush to complete the job.

The police department had to deal with a couple of incidents over the long week end. I appreciate the job the police do for the citizens of Wynne. I am also proud of the work that the other departments also do for the citizens of Wynne. Some of the residents appreciate the job the city employees do, and some can never be pleased with the operation of city government.

I have a meeting scheduled today with the sanitation committee of the city council. I plan to present them with the cost of operating the sanitation department. I am going to ask them what services that they want the city to provide and are they willing to ask for rate increases if what they choose does not fall in the money that is now available to operate the service provided. I plan to meet with the rest of the council member next Tuesday before the council meeting to present the information to them.

I need a decision from the council, because during the month of October, I will prepare my budget for the city for 2009.

No comments: