Friday, September 26, 2008

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 26, 2008
3:57 PM

I attended a Workforce CEO meeting on Monday of this week in Forrest City. One of the members of the board is the Lee County Judge. He is a Mississippi State graduate and from time to time we discuss athletics at Miss. State. I arrived a few minutes early and so did the judge. I asked him what was wrong with our football team. He said nothing. He said his team was now USC and that they were number one in the nation.

Last night USC played Oregon and they were a 24 point favorite going into the game. They lost the game 27 to 21. I called the judge today and offered my sympathy for his teams lost. He said he appreciated my call and that he was not a very good judge of college football. We had a good laugh.

I have just returned from the sanitation department. Jerry and his crew have just about solved all of the details to eliminate the use of the fork truck. I will now have to re figure the cost of commercial and residential garbage to get the cost of each. I need to know this so I can continue my budget preparations for 2009.

I have heard from five of the ten council members about the class three garbage solution. I expect to hear from the rest by the middle of next week. I at least hope that I hear from them. If I do not hear from them, I will give them a call. I must have their input before I can make the sanitation budget for 2009.

I am looking forward to Sunday and the drag races in Memphis. The weather is predicted to be in the middle 80's for Sunday with no rain. I hope that the forecast is correct. I look forward to spending the day at the races with Amy.

I ordered a portable building this morning for use at the city dog pound. We must have a place to store equipment and food used by the animal control officer. It will be a few days before the building in in Wynne. The company has to make the building and deliver it to Caldwell Lumber Company. They will deliver and set up the building on our property once the building has arrived in Wynne.

No comments: