Monday, September 22, 2008

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 22, 2008
11:30 AM

I have only heard from one city council member about the class three garbage situation. If I do not hear from them over the next two weeks, I will contact them. I need their input as I make a budget for 2009.

Carol has been keeping up with the amount of class three trash the the city picks up and the amount of trash that the citizens carry to the open top containers at the city shop. She complied the information for the first eight days that we started picking up the trash again. She has also complied the information for the next eleven days. Based on that information it cost the city about $25.00 per yard to pick up the class three trash and about $10.00 per yard to dispose of the trash that is delivered to the city shop.

I have been working on a plan to eliminate the need for the fork truck to be used in the commercial side of the garbage business. My plan is to eliminate this truck before the first of next year. I have devised a plan, that I think will allow us to use the driver of that truck on the residential side of the business. If it all works out the cost to the commercial customers and the residential customers might be reduced a small amount. If we are not able to reduce the cost, I think the the system will operate better that it is now operated.

Pat and I spent the day, or most of it, on the road yesterday. Marsha's grandmother died Thursday night. The funeral was yesterday in northwest Alabama, Pat and I attended the funeral. We were gone a little over ten hours and about eight of the ten were spent driving. We needed to go, because her grandmother was the one who had raised her. It was good to see family members, but it was a sad occasion. She was 93. She had her birthday one day before she died.

Jerry is on his way to get the street sweeper in Memphis. That they have the truck repaired, I hope that is works OK.

No comments: