Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday August 8, 2008
2:30 PM

Theda is on vacation today so I have been at the office by my self today. It has been slow. I returned from lunch about 12:55. I checked the voice mail and then came to my office. About 1:10 I received a call. The caller identified herself by name and telephone number. She told me that she had just hung up her phone talking to a person trying to sell her a tv dish system. She said that the call coming in was identified on the caller ID as city of Wynne and our number. She said that when she hung up she immediately call the number. I explained to the lady that I had been in the office for about 15 minutes and that no one from this location had called her trying to make a sale. She said that she knew that the city was not calling trying to make sales. She just wanted me to be aware of what had happened to her.

I took the information to the PD and explained what had just happened.

This morning I was driving by a lot that the sanitation department leases to store and dump commercial trash cans for a few minutes until the truck dumps the contents. I observed a man putting trash from his pickup into one of the containers. This is against the law. I turned around and took the tag number. I was also going to make a picture with my phone, but the man saw me and got in his truck and left the location.

I reported the tag number to the PD. They ran the tag number and had an officer go to the mans house and inform him that he had broken the law. The next time he would probably get a ticket.

A few minutes later I was at the city shop and the secretary informed me that one of the sanitation drivers had two containers filled up after the big truck and dumped them. I told the secretary to inform both of the drivers that work on the commercial side of garbage to get the tag numbers of cars or trucks that they observe placing trash in one of the containers. She informed both of them of my request.

I will work with Jerry to try to come up with a solution to leaving the containers unattended. He is working on the residential truck today. I will catch him later in the day.

No comments: