Monday, August 4, 2008

MONDAY AUGUST 4, 2008
8:15 AM

Yesterday was a tough day for the city. We lost a very good employee and a friend of mine.

Rick Hill, who was the animal control officer for the city, had a heart attack yesterday morning and did not survive. Mike called me yesterday and told me that he and several police and the ambulance were at the home. He told me that it did not look good. He called about 20 minutes later and told me that Rick has not made it.

I will miss Rick. Since he has been the animal control officer I have not received a single complaint about his work. He did an excellent job taking care of the dogs in the city of Wynne for the city. He enjoyed his work and did an excellent job.

I will miss seeing him in the police department and in the break room. I saw him almost everyday. I would either see him in the morning before his day started or at lunch time. Most mornings when I got to work he was already here. He had made coffee and a most of the time he would be reading a new testament.

No comments: