Wednesday, August 20, 2008

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 20, 2008
10:30 AM

I just got a call from the dentist office. I had a 10:00 AM appointment and I completely forgot to go. The dentist office called yesterday to remind me and I remembered having the appointment but this morning I got busy and totally forgot to go. The rescheduled it for Tuesday the 26th. at 10:40 AM.

The contractor completed the sealing work last evening. I am glad because it started raining some time in the night and is still raining. That type of work cannot be completed if there is any moisture. Randy is sweeping up the excess rock from the streets now. The rain helps that process because there is no dust.

Tri State brought the commercial truck back yesterday afternoon. I talked with Mark this morning and so far so good. Everything is working. He also said that the rain concerned him because in the past it seems that the water affects the operation of the truck.

The past two days I have been working on my study of the cost of garbage. I have almost finished the work. I only have a few small items to be able to complete the study. I could not have done this study without the help of Theda and Carol. They provided me with a great deal of information that I had to have to complete the study. I was surprised by the results of the study. The bottom line is that the removal and disposal of garbage is expensive. I do not see the cost going down in the future. I only see increased cost of this service.

I talked with Amy a few minutes this morning. It looks like that we will be able to take a vacation the week of October 20-24. I look forward to spending time with Amy and Pat and be away from the business of the city.

I received my season tickets for Mississippi State football games yesterday. The package is for six games. I will probably attend four or five games. I look forward to going back to Starkville and watching the games and the fans.

I will be going to Eureka Springs tomorrow for the annual Arkansas Municipal League planning meeting. I will enjoy the meetings and the visiting with my friends from around the state, but it is a very difficult drive to Eureka Springs. But it is worth the drive.

No comments: