Thursday, August 28, 2008

THURSDAY AUGUST 28, 2008
4:10 PM

I have spent the entire day working on the cost of garbage for the City of Wynne. I now have all the information that I had to have to complete the study. The study I completed covered the cost of garbage in Wynne for the first six months of 2008. I broke down all of the cost associated with trash. I now have the exact cost of residential, knuckleboom operation, and commercial garbage. I also have exact money the residential brings in and the exact money that commercial brings in.

I also took the information from the above study and projected the cost to operate the trash system for 2009. It is not cheap to collect and dispose of trash.

I have called a meeting of the solid waste committee for next Tuesday evening. I plan to present them with the results of my study. The entire council will have to make a decision about garbage before next year. I am going to try to get them to make that decision before October 1st of this year. I will start preparing a budget for next year on October 1st of this year. I must present my budget to the council during November. I always present it to the council during the November meeting. They have a month to go over the budget and get any questions answered before the December meeting. They adopt the budget during the December meeting.

I have felt bad today. I left work about 2:30 PM yesterday and went home and went to bed. I stayed in bed until this morning. I felt much better this morning, but I am now feeling worse than I did this morning. I wanted to finish my garbage study today. I am glad that it is now complete.

The state auditor is here. She said that she would be here until sometime in November. This is the first time this auditor has been in Wynne. She told me that she has been working for the state about one year. She lives in the Hickory Ridge area. She said that this would be the shortest drive she will ever have to do audits for the state. She seems like a very nice young lady. This afternoon she told me that it was really quite in the office we provide for her to complete her audit.

No comments: