Tuesday, August 26, 2008

TUESDAY AUGUST 26, 2008
12:45 PM

I have been working on the cost of garbage this morning. Theda is out today. She is attending a funeral.

I plan to have the total cost of each type of garbage for the city by the end of the week. I have a few more cost to calculate before I can have a complete cost of trash. Carol is working on some information for me now. When she completes her work, I will be able to have a firm price for each type of trash that the city handles. I have a meeting scheduled with the city council solid waste committee on 9-2-08. I need their input as well as the other council members about the price of garbage. We must decide on the service that the city will provide, and then I have to prepare a budget for 2009. I always prepare a budget during the month of October and present it to the council during the November meeting. The meeting next week will be interesting. I look forward to what services the committee recommends and if they are willing to increase the rates to pay for the service. I feel that the fee we collect should pay for the service that is provided.

We have completed the sealing process for this summer. We spent a little over $98,000.00 on the sealing work. Jerry calculated the cost to have applied an overlay to the streets that were sealed. He used a very low cost, I think that it was too low, and came up with a cost of about $550,000.00 to have overlaid the same streets as opposed to chip and seal.

Tri State came to Wynne yesterday and worked on the residential garbage truck. As of now it is working fine.

The street crew is working on the dog pound today. They are applying material to the concrete to seal it. They should complete the work today or tomorrow.

Mike told me yesterday that he had hired a new animal control officer. He will begin work when he completes his two week notice with his present employer. Since the passing of Rick I have noticed several loose dogs as I travel around Wynne.

I did not forget my dentist appointment today. I went this morning and had my routine cleaning and checkup. Everything was fine.

No comments: